[BKARTS] translucent papers

Regarding making existing papers translucent: burnishing wax into paper
and then ironing between two sheets of unprinted newsprint has produced
excellent results - on some papers. Care with the heat of the iron - the
wax burns the paper even at low temps.

Tung oil: not all is created equal. There are tung oils with hardener in
them and they will not turn milky in the presence of water. Waterlox is
one such variety. Products by Minwax do not have hardeners and will turn
milky. I do not know about other brands.

I look forward to other suggestions as translucent strong paper is
something I tinker with from time to time. Also keen to hear about
adhesives for translucent and clear papers. Thanks for the questions.

A.