Re: [BKARTS] Choice of Digital Camera

Hi Jake,

Remember, you can order from B&H in New York where prices are usually lower. (Scott Kelby really likes B&H; they've been around quite a while, also.) I have a Canon Power Shot Pro 1, with which I am extremely happy (however, it's more than $500). I was interested in another camera, but the grip was so big, I couldn't get my hand around it, so physically checking out the camera is important.

I think SLR digital cameras are the only ones to which you can attach a cable release, and might be the only ones that can handle a hot shoe. For stills, mostly my not-too-large books, I bought a kit that includes an enclosure and two lights, from Wolfe Camera for about $100.

Good luck, and happy shooting,
Ginnie Mickelson