[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[BKARTS] What do you call this book press part?

Can anyone tell me the name for the part which
connects the vertical screw to the platten on a book
press? Sometimes it is cast as part of the platten,
the screw goes in, and then a split collar is screwed
in place to make the connection. In other presses it
is a piece which is bolted to the platten but again
uses a collar to make the screw/platten connection. Thanks.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.

         The Bonefolder, Vol. 3, No. 1, Fall 2006 Now Online at
Guild of Book Workers' 100th Anniversary Exhibition Online - Catalog Available
             For all your subscription questions, go to the
                      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
          See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]