To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 6:57 AM
Subject: Text based book and structure

Tara, the book that The Center for Book Arts produced for its 30th Anniversary might be appropriate for your presentation. It is completely text based, and consists of a polyphonic poem for three voices by Robert Bringhurst, who also did the typographic design. The type is the art in this book. It was printed letterpress at the Center by Barbara Henry, and the binding was created by Hedi Kyle specifically for this work. It opens into four lecterns, with each of the readers' parts on a lectern, the fourth being Robert Bringhurst's essay on the creation of his polyphonic poetry.

The tile is New World Suite No. 3 and you can see images of it at
http://www.centerforbookarts.org/newsite/bookstore/newworldsuite.asp

Richard
http://minsky.com