Re: [BKARTS] need suggestions

Hi Maria,

You might enjoy a book a friend gave me as a gift:
"Illustrated Letters  -  Artists and Writers Correspond"
Abrams press:  http://www.hnabooks.com/product/show/364

from their description: "The artists and writers represented include Balzac, Victor Hugo, Beatrix Potter, Picasso, Delacroix, Baudelaire, Turgenev, Manet, Verlaine, van Gogh, Gauguin, Mallarmé, Rimbaud, Saint-Saëns, Saint-Exupéry, Magritte, Cocteau, Miró, and Le Corbusier, to name just a few."

It has the letters reproduced as well as translated and I enjoy seeing the handwriting.

If you enter "illustrated letters" at Amazon books there are many more to look at:

The Illustrated Letters of Jane Austen
Paul Gauguin: the Search for Paradise: Letters from Brittany and the South Seas (The Illustrated Letters)
Yours Pictorially: Illustrated letters of Randolph Caldecott
Young Maxfield Parrish: His early illustrated letters and sketches
and so on . . .

Christine