Re: [BKARTS] Type Composing Trough

Tell me more about Evasol, the adhesive, please.

Kathy Marie Garness
KMG Fine Arts

On Dec 20, 2006, at 11:13 PM, Peter Krantz wrote:

Greetings,

We are considering making, and offering for sale, a type-composing
trough for hand bookbinders. This is a handy tool for setting type
before transferring to the blocking machine chase. Probably more for
professional use, it allows one to easily compose and check the titling
arrangement, before the final setting up in the chase.

The trough, entirely handmade, is based on an earlier English design, but substantially improved. It is made from 3mm aluminium, and the base from 6mm aluminium.

We are considering offering two trough sizes: 150mm and 250mm, or
approx. 6" and 10". Prices are not yet determined, but probably in the
range AUS$45 - 60, depending on the size.

You may find images of this item at our temporary website:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/lghope/gallery.html

We ourselves have been using the English design for many years in our
workshop, but find it wanting in size and stability. Hence our modified
design.

May we ask what interest, if any, the bookbinders on the List might have about this device?

Thanking you for your response.

Peter Krantz.

Book Restorations.
34 Clanville Road,
Roseville, Sydney,
N.S.W.        2069,
Australia.

(P.O. Box 500, North Sydney, N.S.W. 2059.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  restore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Established: 1976