Re: [BKARTS] curved gilt lines

If you want to glair with a little less time pressure, try using a
shellac-based glair (I get mine from Russel's, in England, but I'm
UK-based).  If you've blinded, you can use the one of the refillable Rotring
Isograph pens with glair in the cartrige to just glair the lines themselves.
(I have a .5mm nib, but it does depend on the width of your lines).  It
takes two or three applications, but you don't have the pressure of keeping
it moist - shellac-based glair is good for hours or days.  (Remember to
paste-wash, if you're using a porous leather, and let it dry before you
start glairing.)

I second the votes on P&S and their farthing wheels.  They are good.

Abi
http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

--
13:34