Re: [BKARTS] OED (MAXI)

It is also on CD (ghastly idea) and you can subscribe to OED on-line, which
I haven't tried because I am much more satisfied with "real books" that I
can lay out around me and refer to back and forth. I have used OED as a
workhorse in the past (I used to submit many articles on etymology here and
there, and produced a monthly column for a journalism magazine on the topic)
and that was the only way to integrate information for my type of brain.
(And I usually had up to a half-dozen other references open at the same
time. Takes a lot of desk/floor space!) I did contribute some information to
an OED editor and I'm kind of curious if any made it into the new
edition....I guess I'll check that out one of these days.

I have really been trying to think of some excuse to buy the new edition
set...but...we are now on retirement income and I'm no longer writing those
articles so....no excuse....really.

Lee

Lee Kirk
http://www.kirksbooks.com