Re: [BKARTS] 8 Century Psalter found in a bog in Ireland

The article states that the book is made from vellum
leaves rather than parchment. I believe I've read that
the tanning process for the 2 differs slightly.

I'm sure you're right about the lack of seepage to the
core of the book. When technicians are trying to
preserve animal material, they inject or pump
preserving fluids into the interior of the specimen in
order to preserve the entire thing.

Myrna

http://mail.yahoo.com