Re: [BKARTS] 8 Century Psalter found in a bog in Ireland

Traditionaly, vellum is considered to be made from calfskin and parchment from sheep. However, it is my understanding that, due to the difficulty of determining the animal from which it was made, paleographers currently use the term "membrane."

If I''m mistaken, I hope Paul will correct me!

Sally