Re: [BKARTS] Manuals for Kensol?

Hi Bill.  I was wondering why the Kensol is your favorite stamping press.
Do you think you would explain the difference between a Kensol and
Kwikprint?
I have only used a Kwikprint and was thinking of getting the adjustable bed
model.
Or maybe a Kensol (if I knew why it was better!).

Thanks.

Ethan.

On 1/8/07, William Minter <wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 3, 2007, at 7:35 AM, amy lapidow wrote:

>  Is there such a thing as a manual for a Kensol? I am looking for
> models 12A and/or 35.

******************************

As far as I know there are no manuals for the Kensol.
If you are looking for some information on using a stamping press such
as the Kensol, some information can be found in a video from the Guild
of Book Workers, Standards of Excellence conferences. In 1993, I gave a
presentation of hot stamping and used a Kensol (my favorite).
You could contact Jane Meggers, the Guild Librarian at:
<library@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A reply from Jane states:
and for loan. All the videos are in the library and can be borrowed,
including the one on stamping." ....

Good Luck,
Bill

William Minter Bookbinding & Conservation, Inc. 4364 Woodbury Pike Woodbury, PA 16695 814-793-4020 Fax: 814-793-4045 Email: wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx