Re: [BKARTS] using a Kwikprint machine

I missed this thread...
is the Kwikprint you are talking about
a series of primary liquid color inks, used in print industry (or WAS
used)
that Bea Nettles used for her book in the 1970s?

In long-ago analog photography art classes, we used it to make prints
with
separate negatives, adding colors & negs one layer at a time to build an
image...
a long long process which photoshop can (somewhat) replicate
in minutes...depends on the artist.

I always loved that process and have been thinking of doing it again.

please advise.

susan hogue

>>> dglover@xxxxxxxxxxxx 01/09/07 8:19 AM >>>
>
> 	FIRST: the thermometer which is built into the typeholder is
next to
> useless.  I purchased, again through EBAY, a thermocouple which
attaches
> via a small bud directly to the type holder, and which registers
> digitally the temperature.  A very useful (and inexpensive) piece of
> equipment.  Different foils require different application
temperatures.
> 	SECOND:  before using the machine, the pitch and the yaw of the
type
> holder should be carefully adjusted.  There are screws to do this, and
> its fairly straightforward.  I used a reliable level.

I, too, have noticed that the temperture controller on the Kwikprint is
"useless". My Kwikprint has sat on the shelf for a long time because of
my
failure to work out the temperature differences. Your suggestion of
using
a "thermocouple" was wonderful. So, I went to ebay to look for a
thermocouple. Wow! there are a bunch of different kinds. Which kind do
you
suggest?

                 <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>

Available