Re: [BKARTS] using a Kwikprint machine

Hi.  Mine has a "thermocouple temperature" control unit.  I agree that it
would
be useless without it.  I can't understand why the company sold them with a
low/medium/high
heat switch.  I am thinking about machining a new base that has pins for
Minter's force plate,
and or a base with a back and side gauge (like a board shear would have)
that would allow me to easily
center my work.  I also noticed that adjusting the base to make it parallel
with the type is a real problem.
There are so many factors that play in to getting satisfactory stamping and
I am not satisfied with the
results I am getting.

On 1/9/07, Susan Hogue <hogues@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks! just wanted to know if artists are using it for books these days.

susan

>>> dglover@xxxxxxxxxxxx 01/09/07 9:09 AM >>>
> I missed this thread...
> is the Kwikprint you are talking about
> a series of primary liquid color inks, used in print industry (or WAS
> used)
> that Bea Nettles used for her book in the 1970s?
>
> In long-ago analog photography art classes, we used it to make prints
> with
> separate negatives, adding colors & negs one layer at a time to build
an
> image...
> a long long process which photoshop can (somewhat) replicate
> in minutes...depends on the artist.
>
> I always loved that process and have been thinking of doing it again.
>
> please advise.
>
> susan hogue
>

> The process you're describing sounds interesting. However, I think the
thread is about a foil stamping device. You heat up some type using a
holder of some type and press the type against a colored foil that is
transfered to a surface (like gold letters on leather of a book spine or
cover).