Re: [BKARTS] using a Kwikprint machine; thermocoupler

          Sorry for all of you who are having issues with your
Kwikprint.  I feel your pain.  Concerning a temperature control.  When I
purchased the unit on EBAY, it came with a precision thermostat which
operated as follows.  You dial in the temperature you wanted, and the
unit would flash the temperature until it reached the desired reading,
and then would maintain that temperature.  Very nice.  Unfortunately, I
couldn't get the thing to attach to my new larger typeholder, so I had
to look around for something that would work.
	The control I got is pretty rudimentary, cheap and small, but it works.
 It is about 1 1/2" by 1/2" and operates from -58 F to 536 F, a more
than adequate range.  A push of a button converts to Centigrade.  It
attaches to the front of the machine and you fasten the thermocouple
wire via a screw to the typeholder.  It has a digital readout.  There is
no brand name indicated on the control.  I'll look around and if I run
across it again I'll notify everyone.
	My Kwikprint has a continuous temperature knob and you adjust this knob
til the digital readout is what you want.    I can't imagine living with
a temperature which had only three settings.  I think I purchased this
device separately from Kwikprint.
	It took a lot of kneeling and a lot of patience and an afternoon for me
to align the Kwikprint properly. First you have to figure out what all
those screws do.
	Nevertheless, I love my little apparatus.  I make book titles using the
method of Frank Lehmann, which he communicated to this group about a
year ago.  The leather is shaved paper thin and attached to archival
tissue, and the resulting width is about 1/200 of an inch.  VERY thin.
Nevertheless, my Kwikprint prints perfectly smoothly on the leather,
with no smudging or deleted parts of characters.