Re: [BKARTS] cellugel

I was under the impression that Cellugel was what I needed to consolidate
red rot/powdery leather?

On 14/01/07, Adrienne Allen <adrienna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >------------------------------ > >Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:36:14 +1100 >From: kel flowers <myceliae@xxxxxxxxx> >Subject: cellugel > >Does anyone know of where I can buy Cellugel in Australia? > >Cellugel seems to be a medical product. It would therefore >be quite expensive. Are you sure you do not need a more commerical >grade of methyl cellulose?

Ph Neutral methyl cellulose, conservation grade, is available from

http://www.conservationresources.com.au/home/products/product.php?pid=98

and I think also Zetta Florence. It is quite expensive.

Paper makers use it as size and it is cheaper from their suppliers.

Hope this helps

Adrienne Allen

                 <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>

Available