Re: [BKARTS] ehon (again)

re: ehon at nypl

not to beat a dead (or sleeping) horse but just went to see the ehon exhibit and would recommend that anyone with time on their hands in nyc go to see this (more than once if possible). yes it is dark. can't be helped what with the fragileness/age of some of the works. too much to look at /see in one visit, but an amazing opportunity and treat. what stays with me is a gold-painted scroll from the 17th century and the yoko ono fluxus book objects from the 20th. i intend to go back & look again & see what else hits me before the show closes feb 4th.

while you are there go up to the third floor and see both the jim dine pinocchio prints, incredible wonderful use of image/text (not to mention the diff between prints and the printed book) and the show of photographs from the photo league, some never published images which are terrific.

the building itself is worth the visit.

best to all,
ellen
www.ellenwallenstein.com