Re: [BKARTS] Gluing lightweight papers

On Jan 15, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Linda M. Cunningham wrote:

I'm finally printing out a project that I've had in the hopper for awhile, using some relatively light tatami paper in my Epson SPR300. Because the paper's so light, I can't print on both sides without substantial bleed-through, so I need to run pages one-by-one and glue them together.

What's the best way to glue them together?
Most likely any adhesive will create a stiffness that might be undesirable for a book.
I would suggest using the "French Fold". The sheet is printed on only one side and folded along the middle of what will be the head of the book. The resulting folded sheet is then folded again for the spine fold. No trimming -- the fold at the head remains intact. You could lightly tip/adhere the fore edge if desired. And another possibility: you could introduce yet another sheet of paper (stiffer paper? or colored?) inside the fold for a unique affect.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695