Re: [BKARTS] Gold leaf

Hi Sashtra,

I bought one Ebay once gold leaves from Thailand, but I definitely won't do this again. The gold has a lot of holes, is a lot more delicate than the regular leaves and is very bumpy because the gold is inserted into rough paper. This is why it is not suited for edge gilding. It could be used for gilding impressions on leather but, as I said, it is very difficult and time consuming to handle it.

Hope, this helps

Florian.

Hello,

Can anyone advise on the quality of the 100% gold leaf used for Buddhist
offerings.  This gold is available in small pieces (about 1.5 inches
square), in booklets.  Plenty offered on eBay, and significantly
cheaper.

Would it be suitable for bookbinding finishing work?

Thanks,

Shastra