[BKARTS] Laura Wait 2007 Workshop Schedule

Hi Friends,
    I will be teaching at four different locations this  summer and fall.
Some of you have expressed some  interest in this schedule.  Please look on
the sites for full information.

1> Penland School , NC, May 27- June 8
http://www.penland.org/classes/summer_07/books.html#wait
"Image and Structure" Course Title: Image & Structure of Artist¹s Books
Unique codex  books with painted pages, handwriting will be
created with an emphasis on  intuition and the hand , rather than computer
generated imagery.  A series of  low tech processes such as  paste painting,
pochoir, and handwriting will be implemented, along with page design, word
development, and organizing concepts .  Structures will include the sewn
boards & drum leaf bindings . Covers will be painted in order to include
them as an integral part of the process.
.

2> Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, NM.  June 25- July 1
"Paste papers and Codex structure for Artists Books:
 http://www.ghostranch.org/index.php
A shorter version of the Penland class.

3> At Wells College, Aurora, NY. July 23-27
"Artist¹s Books: More Than Paper, Wood and Leather"
How do you make an artist¹s book? In this class we will use an intuitive,
hand-made approach; employ multiple ways to create rich, colored images; and
add the possibility of incorporating text.
 The wood boardstructure is based on the simplified binding with exposed
sewing overleather straps. Our ultimate goal will be the creation of a
unique work of  art in book form.

at http://aurora.wells.edu/~wbac/bookarts/educ_summerinst06_classes.html)-

4 . The Garage Annex School, Northhampton, MA, Sept 15-16.
"The Simplified Binding". A Structure class for almost all levels. Beginning
leather paring techniques.
http://www.garageannexschool.com/

Laura Wait
<laurawait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>