[BKARTS] southeast association for book arts

announcing the 2007 southeast association for book arts biennial conference! this year's theme is "artists' books: chance, serendipity and randomness" this year's conference will be held at the university of south carolina on may 16-17th.

this mini conference, offers workshops with both peter madden and robin price/ mary robinson.
in peter madden's workshop, work with the following theme:

"One of the most important questions an artist can keep in mind when approaching their work is, 'What if??? ' Using this phrase as a key, we'll question, discover and explore processes and techniques for taking chances and expanding the boundaries of our work. With emphasis placed on intuition and spontaneity, we?ll delve into the countless possibilities for structure, content and materials available to book artists."

in the price/ robinson workshop the student will make handmade paper on the first day and letterpress on it the second day. there workshop will also revolve around the idea of chance in both of these processes.

for more information and an application form. please visit our website at
http://www.cas.sc.edu/art/SABA/index.html