Re: [BKARTS] Looking for board shears

On Jan 22, 2007, at 3:23 PM, jae wrote:

We are shopping for new board shears. We'd like to get a Vagelli, but have
had no success yet in locating a vendor. If anyone has any leads on this
-- or could suggest another good full-size brand (with a screw-down clamp to
keep items in place)
******************************
Jae,
Are you sure you are looking for a Board Shear? Board Shears have a foot-treadle clamp, whereas a Guillotine uses a screw clamp.
BOOKMAKERS in College Park, Maryland (*New Location*) has supplied many Vagelli Board Shears. Their new phone number is 301-345-7979.
One source for the ever popular, yet older (and better) Jacques Board Shear is BINDERY TOOLS in Ephrata, Pennsylvania -- 717-733-0115. You will want the older style, iron-top or wood-top Jacques, as the new ones are terrible. The iron-top is designed more for book board, whereas the wood-top is better suited for lighter-weight, box-making.
Good Luck.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695