[BKARTS] coptic and hardcover bookbinding?

I want to learn to bookbind so I can self-publish my book and make copies as I need them.

I am looking for a method that feels "ancient", but is also relatively easy for beginners, and produces a book that is hardcover-quality or similar (that can sell for a decent price because of its quality). Ideally the method would not require a very long time for each book.

After basic training during a typical bookbinding workshop/class (such as my local CBBAG in Toronto), how long might it take a trained beginner to bind a 200 page hardcover book? What about coptic binding? Is that easier or faster? Other methods I should look into?

I am trying to get an idea which path is for me, and what I can expect in terms of work speed and difficulty once I learn the basics.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Sonja
sonja@xxxxxxx
www.kisa.ca