[BKARTS] Coptic Binding

Hi Sonja,

  I teach coptic bookbinding in the Seattle area and I can tell you that it
is easy to learn, looks great quickly, and can be done fairly quickly once
you've done it once or twice, so the learning curve is good, too.

  The stitching time is determined by the depth and heighth of the book
block. For a 200 page book, approx. 6" tall it takes about an hour and maybe
a bit to stitch without hurrying, for example.  You do have to pay attention
to what you're doing when you're stitching.

I hope this helps you determine what you need a bit better,

Meredith

Meredith Arnold
Comedian Artist, Instructor and Designer
110 N. 201 St.
Shoreline, WA  98133-3012

Website: www.mereditharnold.com for current exhibit new, class schedules and
new works.

Artist in Residence, Shoreline Public Schools
Certified Level 2 PMC instructor
ArtsNow Gallery Coordinator, Edmonds Community College, Edmonds, WA
Edmonds Community College ArtsNow Instructor/Delegate to China for Sept.
2005 Exchange
Faculty for Bellevue and Shoreline Community Colleges

Member of:
 N.W. Polymer Clay Guild, (www.nwpcg.org)
 Precious Metal Clay Guild,  (www.pmclay.com)
 Seattle Center Book Arts Club