[BKARTS] reversible, archival glues

So, the next question, if Yes! is a "no!", and PVA isn't reversible, are there other glues out there that are both reversible and archivally-safe, but don't cost an arm and a leg? They need to be able to attach leaves and sticks to paper. They used to use paper tapes, glued down on each end to the paper, to do that, but it's kinda slow. So now herbariums are just gluing everything straight down with a heavy-bodied adhesive. Kinda OT, so I appreciate all your help on this matter. : )

Thanks,

Kathy

Every Day Is a New Beginning