From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kathleen Garness
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:14 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: reversible, archival glues

So, the next question, if Yes! is a "no!", and PVA isn't reversible,
are there other glues out there that are both reversible and
archivally-safe, but don't cost an arm and a leg? They need to be
able to attach leaves and sticks to paper. They used to use paper
tapes, glued down on each end to the paper, to do that, but it's
kinda slow. So now herbariums are just gluing everything straight
down with a heavy-bodied adhesive. Kinda OT, so I appreciate all your
help on this matter. : )

Thanks,

Kathy

Every Day Is a New Beginning

   "The friendships we develop determine the quality of our own
souls"  Joan Chittister, OSB