Re: [BKARTS] reversible, archival glues

Kathleen,
As with many things, the more you pay the better the quality.
Dave

Kathleen Garness wrote:
So, my final question is: are all PVAs pretty much the same or are there a lot of individual differences across brands - Ph, tackiness, flexibility when dry, etc.? I see a wide price spread between Jade (I'm talking the regular PVA, not the reversible one) and the Lineco one offered by archivalsuppliers.com, and Promacto and Rhoplex also offered by Talas, plus the PVA I purchase at Paper Source sometimes... How do you know what to buy? And how they'll survive years of storage?

Are there other considerations I should know about? Whatever we end up with, I'll probably end up using this for my box and book-making work too...

thanks lots,

Kathy