Re: [BKARTS] wiki wacked out

Michele Rothenberger wrote:
I took a look at the discussion on the page you referenced and I think
the article has a good chance of surviving the AfD (Article for
Deletion); several editors and you yourself have given some very good
reasons to retain it. The MoMA holdings are certainly a big argument in
favor of keeping it. You might also add any awards or other
recognitions you have received; that often helps establish notability.
I've been admonished for editing the article. Incidentally, the MoMA holdings are the least important factor. The Franklin Furnace exhibit would be more significant. I would imagine that the reviews my work has received would be the most important for those who seem to be unwilling or incapable of actually reading the bio. I posted links to them in the discussion.
(On the other hand, as a frequent Wiki contributor with nearly 2000
edits I can tell you that mockery and sarcasm on the AfD discussion page
will definitely not help your case.)
I prefer honesty. That's how I feel about it. It makes the story better if they do delete the article, the thin-skinned little weenies. :)
Being proposed for deletion is not an insult, it is in essence a request
for more supporting information.
I know that. I was told about the first notice and I went to the page and added some supporting material. That triggered the reprimand and a new warning message, which I am forbidden to remove.
Wikipedia is quite naturally
suspicious of self-created articles as it's very difficult to write an
objective article about oneself.  Literally thousands of advertising and
vanity articles get created in WP daily; they do need to be weeded out;
and the process *does* work, I've seen it do so innumerable times.

Michele C.
Excerpt when it doesn't. I appreciate your point of view but the ones that don't work might be more valuable than the ones that do.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

http://www.newsroom-l.net/