Re: [BKARTS] Fwd: adhering laval bookcloth to wood

Micah,
Somehow you need to seal the exposed board to counteract the lack of breathing on the Laval-coated side. If you don't, however the Laval is adhered, the exposed side will dry more quickly and thus shrink when the surrounding air is dry, and expand more quickly when the surrounding air is humid. When I seal wood that I don't want to result in a plastic look or finish, I rub in, with a soft rag, 2-3 thin coats of waterbased polyurethane. This can either be polished or buffed or waxed to get the desired effect.
Good luck,
Vernon Wiering