Re: [BKARTS] reversible, archival glues

But doesn't gelatin degrade over time, too? I have purchased watercolor paper - Arches, 160lb 100% rag - and have had the gelatin sizing degrade after a few years of non-use, when I went back to stretch and paint on them. I've always wondered why they did that...

I'd be very interested to learn more about using gelatin (in spite of my experiences with my Arches paper, and since there might be more in the sizing that can degrade besides the gelatin) as an adhesive...

Also, I'm looking for a good source for paper for paste papers. I took a class in it a couple of years ago and would like to give it another try. My teacher, Barb Korbel, said that not all papers were really suitable to it. They needed to have a fine, tight grain and not fall apart when wet through and worked with the combs. I was thinking that paper used for marbled endpapers might be suitable? Where would one find those?

Thanks,

Kathy