for her, as that flour has more gluten. Just a cautionary tale: at Heathrow we were searched
thoroughly. It seems they thought the flour could be part of an explosive device.

Deanna

On Jan 30, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Signa Houghteling wrote:

Well, the obvious ones are wheat paste and hot glue--made from horses'
hooves or animal skins. They've been used for centuries and survive and
continue to do their jobs pretty well over the time span.
Signa

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kathleen Garness
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:14 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: reversible, archival glues

So, again, thanks for all the informative posts. Are there any tried- and-true glues that seem to have remained stable and archival? Are there ways of testing, accelerating aging conditions so you can anticipate what products will do over time? I hear good things about Jade. I had no idea there were so many different glues out there!

Thanks,

Kathy