[BKARTS] ___Program, Policy, Grants Pointers Needed

Hello, Everyone (and with advance apologies for cross-posts):

I represent Easton Mountain, a seven-year-old nonprofit spiritual, social change, and educational community in upstate New York, which is expanding its focus with the proposed addition of a letterpress printing and allied book arts component, and the optimistic idea of a building in which to house the whole affair.

I'm writing to introduce myself, and to ask if there are any altruistic individuals on the list with experience in such matters as book arts programs, policies, and funding who might give us some pointers ?

I'm a letterpress printer, so am familiar with equipment, etc. I'm weak in the other areas (allied book arts and grant-seeking).

We're not intending to become a crafts center or a vocational trade school or commercial printers. We do want to produce fine letterpress work for its aesthetic value, because it will help us become self-sustaining after the initial three-year start-up, and because the press will be the focus around which Easton Mountain aspires to become a center of intellectual activity and scholarship. . .lofty goals, indeed.

There are many more details, of course. If you're able to help, please respond off list so that others aren't inconvenienced. If there is sufficient interest, I'll be happy to report results and keep everyone informed of developments.

Kind regards,
Peter Christian Pehrson