[BKARTS] What Wikipedia needs & WP Notables

Sonja's comment highlights an important aspect of the Wiki publishing  model:
what is included, and the quality of the entries has a lot to do  with how
many knowledgeable people are interested in devoting the time to  contribute. I
think that the spotiness of Wikipedia's content also extents to  its
"notables".  Some time ago, the Washington Post had an article on  WP de-listing. Out
of curiosity, my husband (an economics professor) and I  looked up the
economists with profiles on Wikipedia. A large portion of  the top economists in the
world were not included, while some really  obscure people were.

I love the whole idea of Wikipedia, and have found that it can  be a useful
source of information, but like all souces it has both  strengths and
weaknesses.

Sally Canzoneri