From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dorothy Simpson Krause
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 9:01 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Gel medium

For various art-making projects, I use photo grade gelatin and Talas
precooked wheat paste, (which keeps for weeks in the refrigerator), and,
as
a substitute for PVA, I use Golden's gel medium. Because of the
viscosity it
adds less moisture to paper and is workable longer. I've never see it
recommended in a discussion of adhesives on this list and wonder if
there is
a reason. Comments appreciated.
Dot
Dorothy Simpson Krause
32 Nathaniel Way
Marshfield, MA 02050
781 837 1682 phone
781 424  5276 cell
781 834 1782 fax
DotKrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.DotKrause.com

Digital Art Studio: Techniques for Combining Inkjet Printing with
Traditional Art Materials by Karin Schminke, Dorothy Simpson Krause,
Bonny
Pierce Lhotka, Watson-Guptill, 2004

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may otherwise be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Hampton University?s Center for Information Technology Enterprise Systems service.