Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 22:33:24 -0800
From: Jules Davis
Subject: Call for Entries - Cuesta College (California) - Artists' Book Exhibition 2007

(Posting on behalf of the concerned party...)

Call for Entries

Artists' Books Exhibition

June 18 - July 13, 2007

Cuesta College Art Gallery

San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

Just a short introduction to the call for entries for "Artists' Books 2007",
my name is David Prochaska; I am an instructor of fine art at Cuesta
College, San Luis Obispo, California. Since 1999 I have organized an annual
book arts exhibition, to expose our local community to the community of
artists making books. These exhibitions have grown each year, both in the
number of books exhibited, as well as the number of enthusiastic visitors to
these installations. If you are looking to expose your artist books to a
new and enthusiastic audience, then this is the exhibition for you.

In these times of fiscal restraints, we are all aware of the limited funding
accessible to the arts. At the same time we must, as artists, be aware of
the need to build greater exposure to all art forms. For this reason we must
continue to ask the artists contributing to these exhibitions to assist in
the transportation of their books. (Mailing fees generally cost between $10
to $20 dollars.) With no entry fee or other charges this is a small price to
pay to get your books out to the people. If you feel this is an exhibition
worthy of your support and participation, we would love to have the
opportunity to exhibit and explore your investigation of the book form.

This is a "hands on" exhibition! We want to encourage the visitors to
interact with these book forms, so please send books you want people to
interact with. We will provide gloves to the visitors to protect the books
from any soiling. But again, we really do hope to build a willingness to
interact with the books exhibited.

The exhibition will display between 80-100 books, so your work will be in
good company.

To participate in "Artists' Books 2007", please write, call, or e-mail me
at -

David Prochaska
Cuesta College
Fine Arts Department
P.O. Box 8106
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

Phone- (805)-546-3100ext.2756

Email - dprochas@xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for helping bring the books to the people. I look forward to
hearing from you.

See for full information