[BKARTS] 2 Openings at Harcourt Bindery, Boston, MA

The Harcourt Bindery of Boston, MA.  currently has two positions to fill, prior to our move in the early summer.
Position #1 is an opening in our leather area for someone with experience in leather binding.  The successful applicant will have good hand skills and bench skills, will be familiar with forwarding and covering, and will have had experience with repair work.
Position #2 is in our gold finishing area.  Almost all of our gold work is done by hand on high quality calf and morocco.  The successful applicant will have had some experience in gold finishing, including polishing, marking up, handling gold leaf as well as a variety of tools.  While Harcourt Bindery may be unique in the amount of gold finishing it does, the successful applicant must have good hand skills on which to build.

The Harcourt Bindery was established in 1900, and is one of the pre-eminent binderies in the U.S. doing fine leather work and repair work by hand.  Our website at http://www.harcourtbindery.com shows some of this work.  We are a corporation and offer a package of benefits, as well as competitive wages commensurate with experience.  Please direct resumes and/or questions to me at the address below.

Sam Ellenport
c/o Harcourt Bindery
51 Melcher St.
Boston, MA 02210