[BKARTS] Archival oils on paper

A friend sent me the following query. Could I impose on the collective wisdom of the group to support my discouragement of this approach?

Thanks,

Kathy G

I am trying to increase the transparency (translucency?) of
paper-plastic scrapbooking vellum. The best solution I can think of is
to use Liquin or linseed oil soaked into the paper. Since the treated
sheet will also be touching paper around it, I will need to seal it so
the oil doesn't bleed. My first thought was to use a acrylic sealer. I
could also use spray-fix, but I don't have much faith that it would
cover the entire surface well enough to prevent bleeding. Can I treat
both sides or does the oil need to breath as it ages? How archival would
this method be? Any other ideas?

~Tiffany Miller

Every Day Is a New Beginning