[BKARTS] Quote compliation

Dear Friends

Thanks to all for your responses in my search for quotes. I have decided, at least for now, to abandon the idea of using quotes with the piece, but it has reawakened my love of quotes. One of my favorite quotes from my calligraphy days was from Montaigne: I quote others to better express myself.

from Jeff Peachey
Good judgement comes from experience,
Experience comes from bad judgement.
         Unknown

from Sharon McCartney
There is nothing like a dream to create the future - Victor Hugo

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious - Albert Einstein

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change - Buddha

The possession of knowled does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more
mystery - Anais Nin

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Listen and attend with the ear of your heart - St. Benedict

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves- Rilke

We know what we are, but know not what we may be - William Shakespeare

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience - Ralph Waldo Emerson

We are constantly invited to be what we are - Henry David Thoreau

Dwell in possibility - Emily Dickinson

Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates

The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper- Eden Phillpotts

The joy of a spirit is the measure of its power - Ninon de Lenclos

From Jessica Syme
I have a small book called The Soul of the World by Phil Cousineau. It is a sweet little book with beautiful photography by Eric Lawton
Here are a few of his..

*You can only go halfway into the darkest forest; then you are coming out the other side. Chinese proverb.

*Penetrating so many secrets
we cease to believe in the unknowable.
But there it sits nevertheless,
calmly licking its chops.. H. L. Mencken.. American (1880-1956)

* My soul's the present shadow of a presence gone. Fernando Pessoa.

* Some nights, stay up till dawn
As the moon sometimes does for the sun.
Be a full bucket pulled up the dark way
of a well then lifted out into the light.

Something opens our wings. Something
makes boredom and hurt disappear.
Someone fills the cup in front of us.
We taste only sacredness. Jalal ad-Din ar- Rumi Persian (c. 1207-1273)

*The comtemplation of Eternity maketh the Soul immortal. Thomas Traherne

from Kel Flowers "artists create dreams for those who are wake" unknown

from Merle Harris:
Nature tells every secret once. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nature does nothing uselessly. Aristotle

Art and nature are siblings, branches of one tree. John Fowles

Icicles and water - old differences dissolved - drip down together. Tashutsu

All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today. Chinese

Sitting quiety, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
Zen

And Diana Britt sent a document full.

And some places to search for quotes:
http://www.writedesignonline.com/resources/quotes.html\