Re: [BKARTS] mounting photos

When making photo albums in our workshop, customers often prefer permanent mounting, i.e. not Mylar corners. In such situations, we mount using a water-based, repositionable, pressure-sensitive adhesive. It is rolled on, and left
to dry, which for this adhesive, means that it tacks. Once one is happy with the position of the photo on the page, the page is then pressed in a book press, protected with a silicon sheet. This pressing causes the adhesion to be permanent.

The advantages of using a pressure sensitive adhesive compared with normal white glues or even pastes, are that there are no problems of warping and seepage.

Shastra

...asked a few days ago

I need to attach photographs to the pages of an album
I have made. Each photo is placed between two pages,
the top one is cut as a mat. There are spacers
included. I would like to use a dry adhesive and was
thinking about using the 3M archival double sided
tape.