Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 6 Feb 2007 to 7 Feb 2007 (#2007-38)

Dear Signa,

I believe (realio trulio) that not all art be ethically required to attain longevity.
It is but one attribute. Speaking only for myself, I can say the ethics of it is the
least of my concerns. Whether my works are around after I die is however
another matter! I'd like to think that it will. And though I've made out my last will
and testament to designate to designate the library for the remainder
of own collection, I have no doubt that my doing so has other motivations
than what you are addressing.

I am an artist making what I am compelled to make. It is what I do.
The best that and most honest thing I can say of it is that I am grateful
for the reality of it making me!

I invite you, SIgna, and 'the rest of you' to visit my web sites to
perhaps further acquaint yourselves with this work that makes
me.

Norman Shapiro

http://artasidentity.blogspot.com
http://ufemisms.com/