[BKARTS] School for Formal Bookbinding in Northeast Pennsylvania

Please forgive the cross posting.

I'm pleased to announce to establishment of the School for Formal Bookbinding here at the bindery in Plains PA. The intent is to provide a venue for ongoing instruction in the German tradition as I learned it from Fritz and Trudi Eberhardt. While most of the classes will be a week in length, I will also be offering weekend workshops. The classes will be small, with a maximum of five students. Housing for all students will be available for a very reasonable cost. The shop is fully equipped, and is located about three hours from both Philadelphia and New York.

The 2007 curriculum:

April:
14-15 A Contemporary Leather Spined Box
28-29 A Weekend of Decorated Papers

May:
5-6  Introduction to Paper Repair
12-13 Book Structures for Non-Binders

June: 4-8 Foundations of Hand Bookbinding 11-15 Introduction to Case Binding 23-24 Introduction to Titling and Tooling

July:
9-13  Cloth Binding Conservation
16-20 Introduction to Leather Binding

August: