Re: [BKARTS] Paste for Paste Paper

Kathy--
For paste paper I use rice flour paste colored with
acrylic paints. The acrylic paints have stable
pigments, discourage the growth of bacteria so that
the colored paste keeps for several weeks in the
refrigerator, and make the surface of the finished
paste paper slightly water resistant so that there is
only minimal rubbing off of the color onto hands and
tools when the paste paper is moistened by glue or
paste during the construction of books or boxes.

Although I?ve never tried it, some people add
additional acrylic medium to the paste mixture. I
assume this increases the water resistance of the
finished paper?s surface, and possibly its resistance
to attack by insects. However, I would also assume
that it shortens the working time.

Some people use methyl cellulose instead of starch or
flour pastes, but it doesn?t have enough body for my
tastes.

Ann

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front