Re: [BKARTS] Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Grain rules?

Barbara,

I have a different printer, an HP Designjet 130 but the principles are the same. On the HP site I found some technical specs about the printers paper handling capabilities through various paper paths (the 130 has 3). The LB ratings for paper handling are pretty useless in my opinion and so I base my decisions on the paper caliper instead (thickness) which is also provided in the specs.

I print Mohawk Superfine, 80lb text in my printer all the time and with excellent results and almost never a jam or miss-feed even though the specs say 40lb is the max for the normal tray paper path. But the mohawk is only 75% of the maximum rated caliper for this path so I am actually well within tolerance.

Find some detailed specs (possibly in the deep dark back of your user manual), get a pair of cheep calipers at your hardware store so you can figure the thickness of your paper, then get to work!

Regards,
Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx