[BKARTS] what a devil to clean...

An ounce of prevention: if you are using natural bristle brushes, it helps to wet the bristles thoroughly before using any PVA adhesive. Water will fill the spaces in hair or fur and keep out most of the glue. It's sort of the same as when you rinse your hair before swimming in pools: the water will keep out most of the chlorine.

Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:21:20 -0500 From: Jet Foncannon <bolu.bolu@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: what a devil to clean....

As a consequence of a suggestion of someone on this list, I have been
using the polyvinyl acetate monomer adhesive Promacto A-1023 for certain
jobs. It has some excellent qualities: fast set and high tack, which
make it very useful for stubborn leather turn-ins and stiff bookcloth.
But how to clean the brushes? The cold water suggested on the label
isn't working for me; it looks like the brush has been dipped in
rapidly and terminally solidifying cottage cheese.
Reminds me of the limerick beginning, "There was a young man from
Racine" and ending "But O what a devil to clean."
What's in between is not for polite ears.

--
I am an old man and have known many troubles, but most of them never happened.
---- Mark Twain