[BKARTS] Book in Hand Opening Reception

We are busy installing this beautiful show! The opening is this Saturday
evening. I'll be shooting some pics of the show and posting them to the
Journal of Artists Book site (jab-online.net) after we finish installing.
Details follow:

BOOK IN HAND

February 17 – March 18, 2007

Artists' Reception: Saturday, February 17, 5–7 PM

Performative Multimedia Lecture by Pattie Belle Hastings:
Sunday, February 25, 4–5 PM

Gallery hours: Saturday-Sunday 12–5pm (+3rd Friday, February 16 + March 16,
4–7)

New Haven, CT… Arts + Literature Laboratory (ALL) is proud to present an
exhibition
of artists' books juried by Pattie Belle Hastings. The scope of this
exhibition presents a
wide-range of books in scale and complexity by twenty-six artists and/or
collaborators.
Unlike many book arts shows with glass-encased viewings, gallery visitors
are
encouraged to handle and read these books. This show celebrates and affirms,
in this
digital age, the materiality of the book.

This exhibition includes work by Nava Atlas (Poughkeepsie, NY); Karen Bucher
(Las Cruces, NM); Peter Buotte (Augusta, MA); Neal Cox (San Antonio, TX);
Dean Dass (Charlottesville, VA); Erin Elman (Philadelphia, PA); Holly
Hanessian (Tallahassee, Florida); Karen Hanmer (Glenview, IL); Pattie Belle
Hastings (New Haven, CT); Melissa Kaup-Augustine (San Francisco, CA); Craig
Kelchen (Iowa City, IA); Nancy Kuhl (New Haven, CT); Sarah McCoy (Des
Moines, IA); McDougal Center at Yale University (New Haven, CT); Rachel
Melis (Manhattan, KS); Colin Miller (San Francisco, CA); Stephanie Nace
(Columbia, SC); Sue O'Donnell (Hammond, LA); Preacher's Biscuit Books
(Rochester, NY); Jamie Runnells (Starkville, MS); Stephanie Stump
(Philadelphia, PA); Jean Swanson (Bethany, CT); Mary Tasillo (Philadelphia,
PA); Cynthia Thompson (Memphis, TN); Rutherford Witthus (Philadelphia, PA);
and David Wolske (Bloomington, IN).

http://allgallery.org/html/exhibitions/current.html

http://allgallery.org/PhotoGallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=BookInHand