Re: [BKARTS] fungus growth on paste

I agree that you shouldn't bother with fungicide.  Paste can be stored
under water at room temperature for at least a week.  All you have to do
is change the water every day.  When I was a technician in California,
we had a large paste jar in the lab labelled "Jim's brain!"

It is also possible to store it without water and peel off the "skin" or
crust of dry paste each day.

If you feel that you must use fungicide, then put it on a blotter cut to
fit the lid of the jar, instead of adding it to the paste. You can also
put a drop of ethanol in the water to make paste last over the weekend,
when you can't change the water.

A Paste/methocel A4M mix also seems to keep better than straight paste,
but it takes on different working properties.

Valinda Carroll

Subject: [BKARTS] fungus growth on paste

How much thymol you use, say, per 1/4dup of adhesive?  Does anyone on
this list use nitrophenol as an antifungicide?

>>>Why bother? Paste is so easy to make, I never add anything to it, I
just microwave a new batch every few days (as needed)...
Lee.

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may otherwise be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. This footnote also confirms that this email has been scanned for all viruses by the Hampton University?s Center for Information Technology Enterprise Systems service.