Re: [BKARTS] fungus growth on paste

Hi Lee,

Making paste in microwave. Sounds interesting. Have never tried it. How does you do it?

Otherwise I just cook my paste in a pot in the same way as I am making sauce, and only cook it for a few minutes.
Know that many disagree here. Some cook it at least an half hour other use several hours.. Don't understand why it is necessary?
Others also do it in waterbath, because they not can do cooking.
Have also try to put it in icewater immediately after cooking and then press it thru a sieve. ( Learned from Josee Van Loon in Ghent.)

Søren

--On 15. februar 2007 08:00 -0700 Lee Churchill <leec@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>Why bother? Paste is so easy to make, I never add anything to it, I
just microwave a new batch every few days (as needed)...
Lee.