[BKARTS] How/where to get rid of a lot of books?

Jim Rosenau's work, (http://www.thisintothat.com/index.html), which I really like, brings to mind a practical problem that I will have in the next few years: How to dispose of my father's library.

This library consists largely of text books about astronomy written in the first 10 years of the post-Sputnik era, and I doubt that much of it has any value of any sort any more. And I doubt that the bindings are lovely enough to be interesting in themselves. But there are a lot of books, and artists who like to recycle them could probably use some.

So, I'd be interested in any suggestions beyond packing them up for the Good Will, which is currently plan A.

Thanks.

Susan