Re: [BKARTS] How/where to get rid of a lot of books?

It seems to me that you should look into any scholars who might be
interested in them. I recall a session on "Who wants yesterdays papers?"
at the Changing Book conference in Iowa in 2005, where the scholarly use
of "obsolete" material came up. In particular, there was an historian
who studied the point at which cutting-edge science becomes common
knowledge, through comparisons of the scholarly science literature with
high school science text books.

Certainly, some historian of the cold-war era "space race" would be
interested in your father's library. If there is some sort of "history
of science/ history of technology group" on the web, you could post a
notice there.

Valinda Carroll