[BKARTS] Proper storage of/enclosures for vellum-covered books

Greetings,

Can anyone suggest good sources of information and best practices for
creating enclosures for books with vellum covers?  We have a number of
vellum-covered volumes scattered throughout our special collections
which are not presently in any type of box, and I am concerned about
controlling their exposure to temperature, humidity, and light.

My efforts to maintain a consistent temperature and humidity in the room
where these books are presently stored is not doing enough to keep their
covers from warping, and I am concerned that this warping and flexing
will cause damage and might be preventable?  I am considering moving
these volumes to a different location on the floor, out of this room,
but they will need enclosures to protect them from excess light.  I
would like to read more about any particular design of box or a
particular type of board that works best with vellum-covered books.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Carrie Phillips
Archives & Special Collections Librarian
Musselman Library
Bluffton University
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH  45817-2104