[BKARTS] Horizontal Rules and Decorative Lines

I am looking for historical information on the use of horizontal rules in printed books (and earlier writing formats).  I would be most grateful if the members of this list could point me towards any resources that they might be aware of on this subject.

Sincerely,

Matt

See http://www.philobiblon.com for full information